Thursday, April 7, 2011

A taste of La Paz

Met Karl, Ann Marie and Smitha..




Typical Bolivian women dressing...


A street fruit shop..


Typical textile...



So I'm currently chilling in Cafe Alexander where I get great fresh juices and free Wifi! too bad it doesnt work for phones though.. I had a great day tdy with Dr Velasco in the Department of Infectious diseases. The room was small and each bed had a door and a glass window for us to look into. Doing rounds in that room was horrible. Danica told me ppl fainted in that room before as windows aren't opened and following ONE Dr Velasco, were abt 15ppl. 4 of us, medical students, residents, nutritionists and nutrition students and nurses! I felt so suffocated. I left the room like twice to take a breathe of fresh air outside. gees. Anyway, having said that, I got to see patients with pneumonia (again), TB, pressure ulcer (you cld see his muscles and bones through his wound!) and more pneumonia. Dr Velasco taught us how to differentiate through an X-ray the different kinds of pneumonia- whether it was comprimiso pleura, comprimiso alveolar, a mixture of alveolar and interstitial, just interstitial and Atrapamiento Aereo (where ure air sacs inflat like balloons and pushing ure ribs such that they almost appear horizontal in xrays and not slunted like how they shld be). It was very interesting. Made friends with the medical students who are soo nice. They are so patient with us and are always translating for us.

Anyway, I can't wait for fast and furious 5!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5 comments:

  1. OMG their style is so funny! they're all wearing bowler hats so cute hahah! you should totally dress like them one day. is your spanish improving yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres a story behing this bowlers hat thingy. but im not quite sure what it is. lol. im at the same cafe now and someone sat on my fav spot. BAHH. and no my spanish is stagnant. but my listening is getting SLIGHTLY better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read your blog. I check for updates everyday lol
    <3 Berti

    ReplyDelete
  4. tht last sentence is not correct...oh well, u understood me right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah bertaaaa i always understand you! <3 -lyd

    ReplyDelete