Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meet the surgery crew

So I have been in peds surgery rotation this week, and I must say I realised I feel like I belong in the OR. I've been having an amazing time learning from specialist in neumology, infectology...etc but nth has ever striked my interest as much as surgery. Ann Marie's on surgery rotation with me, so luckily for me, I have her to explain all the procedures and what not.

Rounds with the residents and interns:


And here's a picture of Ann Marie, the anaesthesiologist, Dr Gallindo and I in the OR.


Ann Marie wants to be a future anaesthesiologist. And the anaesthesiologist actually let her do all the work for a surgery and walked away!? A wee bit cringe.. but she's had experience and is in her 4th year in medicine in the states. It was an experience holding that struggling boy down. Who ever knew that a kid would have that much strength!?


And my first scrub into a surgery!! :D I look ridiculous in the picture but oh well. It was a mark in my life! :D Doubt I'll be able to scrub in again till clinical years!



Tmr's my last day at the hospital and I'll be travelling for another 2 weeks before I head back to UK. Just booked my flights and I'll be leaving La Paz on the 11th of May as there are no earlier flights after I come back from Buenos Aires on the 6th. So I have 5 extra days in La Paz, and I'll be flying on my bday.. Sad times. I'll just have to make up for it when I'm back in UK or SG! I gtg now.. Need to buy farewell/thank you gifts for my spanish teacher and the Docs! But I do indeed have to update you guys abt my trip last weekend to Uyuni. Stay tune! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment