The Sun Gate! Yeah they worshiped the sun.
Our very cute guide who was demonstrating how mummies were put in tombs- in the fetal position.
On sunday, Smitha and I left the house for downtown at 930am. Maya (if thats how u spell her name), our domestic helper, took us out and walked us around. She such a lovely girl. I only wish I can explain to u how nice the ppl are here. Anyway, we walked round town and visited Inglesia de San Francisco where I stayed for mass! The church is soo beautiful. The inside was almost as gorgeous as the basilicas I saw in Rome. Nice to have mass at my patron saint church!
After mass, I met up with the girls again and we continued walking through Mercado de Hechiceria! aka, the witches market. Here I saw dead aborted baby llamas! Apparently, the culture is to burn one of them and other stuff as an offering to heaven and hell asking for things from mother earth. Here's a sample pic of a offertory basket.
We also covered Plaza Murillo and saw Palace Presidencial and Palacio Quemado. The plaza was basically bustling with pigeons everywhere!! Don't think they are educated to know that pigeons are criminals to spreading diseases! The locals just chill at the Plaza on a lazy sunday afternoon and feed the pigeons. Totally "leh pak" lifestyle! (If thats how you spell it) LOL.
This pic reminds me of Mr bean in London. haha.
Anyway, blogger takes ages to upload pics. I'll upload more pics on FB sometime. I gotta go join my mates for dinner now and stop being a globalisation geek.
Before I end, just wanted to say... SITA MAHAN I MISS U. Everytime I see smt in the witches market (thats sells loads of stuff), I keep thinking you'll like it! hahahaha. Hope u had a good bday babe!! We'll do a post celeb when i get back! <3
MISS YOU TOO LEEDHHIIYYYAA!! Thank you for this wishes! I was very intrigued when you mentioned the witches market! Haha! So glad you're enjoying your time there and that you are learning innumerable things everyday. Berta and I will really miss you during the next few weeks. 3 more weeks to go! Make the most of it. Lots of love, Sita
ReplyDelete