Monday, April 18, 2011

Lago Titicaca y Copacabana

Amazing. Stunning. I don't have any other words to describe the gorgeous view that overwhelmed me as the bus approached Lake Titicaca. Because yes, my vocbulary is that limited. So I'll let the pictures take you away.





So we took a 4 hours bus ride from the city of La Paz to Copacabana, where I slept most of the way (as usual.. thats what the angels would say). But for the times I didn't sleep, I was captured by the scenic views of Bolivia. Sometimes, it would be more than just scenary.. like scenes of people working in farms, walking in El Alto, vendors by the road.. but whatever it was, I was always very enthralled. Our hostel in Copacabana was very very cute. Designed by a German guy who now lives in Copacabana. Each little hut has its own bathroom and a wee kitchen, comfortable beds, towels and hairdryer provided! I wouldn't really call it a hostel but thats its name. Everything was so adorably designed with hammocks indoors and outdoors and not to forget, the amazing view of lake titicaca. The restaurant at that "hostel" had amazing food. So we had our meals there most of the time. The most common dish in Copacabana is Trout- whether grilled, diced, steamed blahh.. Thanks to the lake of course. So for the last 2 days, I have been having loads of fish! A good change, I must say, to the fried everything I get here in my homestay!

So the view was amazing. The food was amazing. The shopping... oooh lala.. so many more stuff compared to La Paz! I bought 2 rings, earings.. an alpaca woolly jumper and socks! I also bought a wee jumper for Kiera! That was the first day I actually shopped. So I'm allowed! haha. Here are the shops:



On sat evening, Cliff wanted to do this hike up a hill. So Sitha, Lindsy and I decided to join. Not having brought an appropriate pair of hikinh shoes...I went up in FLIP FLOPS! climbing steep stairs and rocks! I was very proud of myself for making it to the top without falling!



Here's a video for you, taken on top of the hill we hiked.



On sunday, we took a boat ride on lake Titicaca to Isla del Sol and saw some Inca ruins. Another very beautiful island near copacabana that my limited vocabulary cannot describe. It was more of being on the boat otw to Isla del Sol which excited Ann Marie and I quite abit. It was a bit cold sitting on top of the boat but oh wells! The view paid the price.








After my wonderful trip, I'm not back at La Paz.. the city of strikes. Thank goodness there weren't any today. Not that I'm complaining not having to go for Spanish class if there were to be a road block. opps. haha. My teacher refuses to explain in english what I don't understand. Which is incredibly annoying and frustrating for the both of us because I still don't understand her charades and spanish explanation! grr. Anyway, it'll be good for me.

In the hospital, I'm back with Dr Velasco who specialises in infectious diseases. Sadly, we have a new bunch of local med students, none of who know how to speak english! CRY. That's the only way I can push myself (even further) to learn I guess.

Anyway, that's all for now folks! Hope everyone's doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I want a souvenir!! Buy me earrings!! :)))) -jillu

    ReplyDelete