Anyway, besides feeling like such a weakling, I've fully unpacked my overweight luggage and settled in. My homestay lady is so lovely. Her name is Elizabeth. She has 5 kids and only her youngest boy is staying at home(He's 18). The rest of her kids are married and one of her hijas dances! So she currently lives with her son, Mauricio, her mother and her maid, Maya. In the house, there's another guy that lives on the 3rd floor who's like 64 years old and is a mining engineer here in La Paz for the last 4 years. He seems really nice and has offered to take us around the area to show us where to get the cheapest but good quality fruits and where to change money and yadayada. By us... I mean my roommate of course.. Smitha! She's lovely. Her parents live in India but she lives with her husband in Chicago. Yeah she's Indian. (Just can't escape them can we? hahaha sita....) Most imptly, we get along very well and I feel so comfortable around her... (scatching my armpit openly and what not. LOL.. standard..) Here's a pic of us when we met at the airport with our old school Nokia phone provided by the organisation.
The house.. omg the house is gorgeous. It is waaayyyyyyyyy past my expectations.. Its 3 storeys and very nicely furnished. Que bonita! Elizabeth is probably very much more fortunate than most Bolivians. Here are some pics of her house and us faffing abt.
The Living Room.
The Dinning Room.
The Attic.
Well, I start work tmr. Clinical rotations in the morning and language courses in the afternoon. Hope Smitha and I get similar shifts so we can go to the hospitals tgt! Anyway ppl, my Bolivian number is +591-60107803. Stop being stingy and call me! I can't seem to call out with my number cause international calls cannot be made out but I can receive! Kyna..... thanks for trying.. but fail la you.. haha. So I think that's it for now.. pretty excited for clincals tmr. Ciao peublo! :)
Lydia!!! I love reading your blog and this is just the beginning!haha
ReplyDeleteLove the house (you've been sooo lucky, let me tell you haha) and im so happy you met nice people, they'd better take care of you, otherwise i don't respond of my actions...kidding haha but seriously, im so glad u're making nice friends :) i'm sure that working at the hospital will be an amazing experience too! good luck for your first days <3
Berta
The house looks lovely! How do you expect to not run into indians if there are 1.2 billion of us!?!?! HAHA! Please keep uploading photos on the blog! Sita xxx
ReplyDelete