After Argentina, mum and I parted ways as she left for Shanghai and I came back to La Paz. Last sat, Danica and I rode bikes down the most dangerous road in the world along the Yungas from La cumbre to Yoloso. According to records, when the roads were still open to cars (when the the other new road was not built yet), Bolivia had on an average of 2 buses falling off the cliff a month! That narrow road which I can tell u only fits at most 2 bikes (I'm already pushing it), was a road for dual traffic! Absolutely ridiculous. Since 2006, cars have been travelling on the new road which is much safer. Anyway, the bike ride took about 4 hours and I had loads of fun. Thankfully, I didn't fall. Being that clumsy ass as I am, I'm really proud of myself for not falling! wahaha. Speaking of falling, with my tour agency, they had a death in 2009 when a guy from England aged 23 fell off the cliff. :( They only told us this after we finsihed. But the agency weren't trying to hide it or anything. Tributes to this guy is on their wall in their office and at the site which he fell. :S
Anyway here are some pictures of our crazy adventure:
At the beginning of our adventure where we met so many lovely ppl. Gemma from England(next to me), Carl from New Zealand and Matilda from Aus (behind Gemma and I) and hottie from Aus (in Dark green shorts with black leggings in the middle hee)
After surviving our crazy adventure, we decided to rest for a night in the peaceful and scenic town of Coroico where we chilled with a book under the sun by the pool and recovered from the adrenaline rush we had the day before. I wish I could upload some pics of us at Coroico but its on my BB because I accidentally left my cam in my mum's bag. gees. Coroico is a town built on the the mountains along the Nor Yungas. It had a gorgeous view and the weather was so different from La Paz. It was much nicer and sunnier and definitely a chill out place. We got back to La Paz that Sunday night by bus and caught Thor at night.
Some exciting news: I finally caught Fast5 last night with Gemma! I must say The Rock's lines were soo retarded and the script could have been better. But the action was AWESOME. A keen bean action fanatic, I loved it. And BOO to all those who bitch about that movie! There are soooo many movies I wanna watch next and can't wait. Agua de elefantes, Pirates of the caribbean, Harry Potter!??!? OMG.
Anyway, I'm leaving La Paz tmr for UK. The end of my trip is approaching! BOOHOO. I had a great time in Bolivia and Argentina. Next stop: Central America! I still have a post to write about my adventures to Valle del Luna on an ATV but I shall wait for Gemma to give me the pictures! :)
Hola Carino
ReplyDeleteI had a great time in Buenos Aires and Iguazu..the Iguazu fall at 1750 cbm per min was awesome..got so close to nature in a boat and soaked to the skin was worth it...
Will I do it again? YES!! Everything about Latin America is so natural..naturally nice people, nice places, nice food even a simple puff..
Was worried before you embark on the trip...now I changed my mind..
Con armor
Madre
but I still think the biking trail is very dangerous and am I proud of you..completing it without a scratch!!??
ReplyDelete